Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Wedding Story: Rebekah!

z - a wedding story This week our Wedding Story comes all the way from Oklahoma! I love seeing how brides in different areas of the country throw their weddings, don’t you? Today we have Rebekah from Life with the Edwards

545
When did you get married?
July 18th 2009
fb2
Where was your ceremony? Reception?
Our ceremony was at our church, Quail Springs Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Ok. It was really important to me to get married there. Our reception was at Castle Falls.
6013_577882437241_44011670_33816411_4256636_n
What made you choose that reception location?
I had found Castle Falls a year and a half before we were ever engaged. It has the castle which is actually a restaurant, and then it has the large Grande Hall and it had this romantic feel to it. I also loved the garden area. It made for great pictures! I loved that we had the option of going outside to the gardens.

fb4
What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
Hands down, it was the ceremony. We picked out every detail of how we wanted it to go and we were also able to pick how we wanted our vows done. We wanted traditional vows, but we had a few different versions to choose from. I loved the quiet moment between Dylan and I after our unity candle. We have no idea what was said during that time, but it meant so much for us to be able to catch our breaths and to really take in that we were actually on our way to being married!

6013_577867886401_44011670_33815596_7087431_n
What was the best resource you used during the planning process?

I loved looking at wedding blogs. I also used The Knot and Martha Stewart online for ideas. I can’t forget wedding magazines too. I had dozens of them. I loved just getting inspiration from them even if I didn’t end up using it. Also, talking to other brides who were also in the wedding planning process helped a lot! I got to hear first hand what worked for them and other helpful tips.

fb3
What's the one thing you would have done differently?

There really isn’t anything that I would change for my wedding. We had planned out everything perfectly and it all went really smooth. If I had to choose one thing, it would have been to push my wedding back a couple of hours. We got married at 2 pm and started getting ready at 9 am. It seemed like plenty of time, and it was, but we got ready at the reception site, and then had to drive to the ceremony. Even though we weren’t crunched for time, I still felt a little stressed about that. I think I would have liked it to be a couple hours later just to ensure that I didn’t have to be rushed.

fb
Any advice for future brides?
Don’t stress about the little things. It isn’t worth it. It really is just one day and there is no point in stressing out when you should be enjoying it! My bridesmaids kept telling me all day to take mental snapshots of everything. I didn’t want to be a bride who was so flustered that I didn’t really remember anything because of how fast it all happened. I’m so glad that I didn’t get stressed. It’s the most important day of your life, but it really is just one day in the thousands that you’ll have with your husband. fb1

Photos courtesy of CaitPhoto.

If you'd like to be a Featured Wife or Bride, please email me at legallybride@hotmail.com