Wednesday, January 12, 2011

“I do” Ideas: Winter Weddings!

Z - I do ideas

This week, given all the snow we’ve been getting in the Northeast, I thought we could look at how to pull off a Winter Wedding!

For attire, keep in mind the weather! If you plan on January or February and are not in the Southern US, you HAVE to be prepared for snow. Wear (or have in the wings) sensible shoes for trekking through. Personally, I love the idea of having these handy:

footwear1

And then maybe these for later on during the reception:

footwear2

For hair and other accessories, I like the idea of bringing in wintry shades of blue, like these:

hair1attire

Also for attire, you don’t have to choose long sleeve dresses but you do have to remember a jacket! (For you AND for your girls!) Does it have to be a big ol’ North Face? No, of course not. A color coordinating bolero is the cutest option in my opinion.

outerwear1couple1

attire3attire4

For flowers, I love the winter white!

bouquet1bouquet2

bouquet3bouquet4

If you do prefer a pop of color, I love these deep reds.

flowers1flowers2

Same goes for the bouts. Stick with the winter branches and whites. These scream winter wedding to me!

bout1bout2

For your winter ceremony, I love the idea of it being right in front of a beautiful fireplace.  How cozy is this on a cold day?

decor2ceremony1

At the reception for décor, I’m thinking branches,

centerpiece1centerpiece2

holiday lighting,

decor4decor6

and, of course, lots of candles!

decor5decor1

For placecards, I love this standing “window” seating chart decorated with candles and greens, as well as these dark brown ones, again, accented by candles.

placecards1placecards2

We all know I love a themed signature drink, so how about this bright blue number in a champagne glass? Or, even better, hot cocoa!

drinks1hotchocolate2

For cakes, I think, again, sticking with whites is key. Snowflakes, pinecones or even just flowers can help to decorate.

cake1cake2

cake3cake6

Don’t forget to bring your color and theme ideas into your favors and menus. People will notice all these special touches.

hotchocolatemenus1

Finally, brave the cold and take a snowy picture! A little bit of frost bite, maybe, but you’ll survive!

couple2

Trash Dress2 6

Did you do a winter wedding? Or do you plan on doing one? I’d love to hear some of your ideas!

All images courtesy of The Knot, with the exception of the last image; Courtesy of Zenobia Studios.