Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Wedding Story: Cara!

This week's Wedding Story comes from Cara Carlone, of Rhode Island. Take it away, Cara...

When did you get married?
July 25, 2009

Where was your ceremony? Reception?
Ceremony- St. Augustine's Church in Providence, Ceremony- Alpine Country Club - Cranston

What made you choose that reception location?

My husband is a member and I loved the ballroom, the grounds and the food.

What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
My favorite aspect of the wedding was not only marrying my best friend, but having everyone I love be there as witnesses.

What was the best resource you used during the planning process?
The knot, definitely.

What's the one thing you would have done differently?
I wouldn't have let the little opinions and suggestions stress me out. My day was amazing regardless.

Any advice for future brides?
Your wedding day will be amazing, no matter what. Take every comment, suggestion, demand and opinion with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, you married the man of your dreams and that's all that matters.

Cara makes some good points. You'll find, if you haven't already, that there will be plenty of people who will want to give you their opinions on how your wedding "should" be. I remember hearing everything from "A bride's wedding shoes are supposed to be white!" to "What's a candy buffet? Why do you need one of those?" and "Your cake is going to be PINK?!"

It's always nice to be polite and gracious to these opinions, but ultimately it's your wedding day and you need to do what is best for you and your fiance.


Photo courtesy of Erick Brown Photography

If you'd like to be a Featured Wife or Bride, please email me at legallybride@hotmail.com