Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Wedding Story: Ali & Tracy!


This week we have 2 Featured Brides! First up is Ali, all the way from The Gem State… that’s right, Idaho! (Did you know that Idaho gets it nickname because nearly every known gem has been found there? Pretty cool, huh!) To hear more about Ali, check out her fabulous blog: a pair of aviators.

When did you get married? June 19, 2009
2010.12.08 Ali @ A Pair of Aviators (2)
Where was your ceremony? Reception?
Both were held at the Idaho Botanical Gardens.

What made you choose that reception location? Three reasons: one, Elliot proposed to me at the gardens; two: both of us have always wanted an outdoor wedding, and; three, we had private access to the entire location for the ceremony and reception.


2010.12.08 Ali @ A Pair of Aviators (3)
What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
Elliot and I each chose passages of literature to read to one another during the ceremony. The passage Elliot chose was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined, and I cried like a baby. Oh! and Elliot's best man/best friend, John, delivered an incredibly moving speech. Everyone was weepy after that.

What was the best resource you used during the planning process? Blogs! Especially Snippet & Ink's inspiration boards!

2010.12.08 Ali @ A Pair of Aviators

What's the one thing you would have done differently? I would not have forgotten the programs at home!

Any advice for future brides? Spend more time preparing for marriage than planning your wedding.


Ali’s wedding photos were courtesy of one of her friends.


Next up, we have the fun and fabulous blogger Tracy from Then I Got to Thinking… Tracy’s a California bride that got married on a pretty fabulous day if you ask me, 9/5/09. Here’s Tracy to tell you more about her big day.


When did you get married?
I got married on September 5th, 2009.

Where was your ceremony? Reception?
My ceremony and reception were both at the gorgeous Arden Hills Resort in Fair Oaks, CA.

What made you choose that reception location?
We had a pretty large wedding (about 350 people) and we wanted to find a place everyone could fit comfortably. We also wanted to stay somewhere that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same place so people wouldn't have to drive. The property is beautiful and we thought it just fit us. They also have a gorgeous villa on site that all of my girlfriends, mom, MIL, and sisters stayed in... it was so great!


What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
My favorite aspect of my wedding (besides, of course, the man I married) was my dress. I have a unique style and I wanted something non-traditional. When I put the dress on, I knew it was the exact dress I had always dreamed of. Very few people knew what my dress looked like, so when I walked down the aisle, it was a surprise for a lot of people. I also loved my shoes... well, the story behind them, too. My husband bought them for me to wear - they are the blue Manolos from SATC.

What was the best resource you used during the planning process?
The best resource was my wedding planner, Kendra Pfeiffer. She was absolutely incredible. I knew what I wanted, gave her all my ideas, and she brought them all to life. The days leading up to the wedding, I did not have a worry in the world... I just showed up and everything was magical!

What's the one thing you would have done differently?
I'm not sure I can think of anything I would do differently... I was pretty shocked at how well it went. I just wish it wouldn't have gone by so quickly.

Any advice for future brides?
The only advice I really have is to make your wedding unique to you and your fiancé. We had so many fun things that fit us, and we made the entire day about our love. One of the things I looked forward to the most of all was giving him letters I had written him for over a year before we got married. Every hour the day of our wedding, different people delivered him hand written letters from me that I had written at different points in our relationship. I strongly suggest writing him a letter to read the day of... it was special. (Not to mention, he was already teary eyed before I walked down the aisle!)

Photos courtesy of Ford Family Photography.

If you'd like to be a Featured Wife or Bride, please email me at legallybride@hotmail.com