Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Wedding Story: Mrs. Hesson


This week’s Wedding Story comes all the way from Houston, Texas! I’m happy to feature Mrs. Hesson of the adorable blog i.m.t.l.y. {i more thank like you}. Read on to hear more about her fabulous wedding!

0253

When did you get married?
We got married on August 22, 2009.

Where was your ceremony? Reception?
Our ceremony was at the beautiful Second Baptist Church, where my husband and his family are members, and our reception was at The Houstonian Hotel.
0004What made you choose that reception location?
We knew we wanted somewhere that was close to the church we were getting married at so we started our search around there. The Houstonian was probably the 3rd place we looked and we instantly fell in love. It was just my mom and I who went to see it the first time. She had heard about it, and had been there for a work event. We loved how secluded it was. It's just a gorgeous hotel on the inside and outside. We knew it would be perfect for our big day!
brookeanthony-3

What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
Oh goodness, this is a tough one! I enjoyed everything about our wedding, other than it having to end. It was the perfect day! And while the ceremony was just wonderful, our reception was such a blast. I just loved everyone being there. My husband and I have such wonderful families and friends and almost everybody we invited was able to make it to share in our big day. It was the party of the year and it was so great to see everyone having fun and enjoying their night just as much as we were!

brookeanthony-11

What was the best resource you used during the planning process?
The knot was my best friend during the wedding process. Along with plenty of bridal magazines and books that I had accumulated over the 13 months that we were engaged. I had a couple friends that were engaged at the same time that I was, so it was nice to have somebody to turn to when I had questions about certain ways to do things. And my mom. She was a gem during the entire process. We did everything together!

brookeanthony-14
What's the one thing you would have done differently?
Once again, a toughie! There's really nothing I would change. The only thing I would have attempted to do different is to have allowed more time for pictures. Since our wedding was a formal, evening wedding at 7:00, it was tough squeezing all of our picture time in there. AND, I can't believe I'm going to admit to this, because I swore up and down I'd never do it (and didn't), but I think I may have listened to my photographer and considered seeing my husband before the ceremony. I know, I know. I always had that "you won't see me until I walk down the aisle!" attitude, but it would have given us way more photo opportunities and I do wish we had those.

brookeanthony-5

Any advice for future brides?
Just relax! And enjoy your day to the fullest. Because it truly does go by SO fast. Enjoy every moment of the planning process all the way leading up to your big day. Because at the end of the day, you're going to MARRIED to the man of your dreams either way, and it will all be worth it! Take in every minute of it. I remember at our ceremony I just stared into my husband's eyes, not wanting to forget that moment. It's all so special.

0199

All photos courtesy of Stacy Cross Photography.