Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Wedding Story: Erika!

z - a wedding story

This week’s Wedding Story comes from former Connecticut Knottie, Erika, or as all you bloggers know her, Mrs. B from Life with the Bruneau’s! Here’s Erika:
Erika_James_W_0051

When did you get married?
September 6, 2009

Erika’s Bouquet
bouquet

Where was your ceremony? Reception?
Our ceremony and reception were both at The Waterview in Monroe, CT

Some indoor & outdoor views of the Waterview

tables

jump
What made you choose that reception location?
The lake that the reception hall is located on. I really wanted a beach/outdoor wedding, and since there aren't too many place in CT to get married on the beach, this venue was the next best thing. I wouldn't change a thing...it was beautiful!!

Outdoor ceremony décor: Fans & chair flowers

fans

aisle

What was your favorite aspect of your wedding?
Oh boy, I don't know if I can choose just one! I would have to say it was marrying the man of my dreams/my best friend. Everything was perfect, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. :)

cake


What was the best resource you used during the planning process?
Hands down, The Knot...especially the CT message board! I can't thank those girls enough for all the advice/support they gave me. And, I've met some amazing friends through the process, as well.

Personalized Menus & Cocktail Napkins “Ear Drink and be Married”

menu favor

napkins

What's the one thing you would have done differently?
I know it sounds cliché, but, I wish I didn't stress about all the little things. In the end, it's definitely not worth it. No matter what, everything will go perfectly.

cards

Any advice for future brides?
Enjoy every single moment of *your* day. You deserve it! It goes by in the blink of an eye...literally. Take it all in, and remember to take some time alone for just you and your new husband. Sit back and look at all your family and friends who are there to celebrate with you, and who love you. It will be the best day of your life...no matter what!
rings

Photos courtesy of Robert and Kathleen Photographers


If you'd like to be a Featured Wedding Story, please email me at legallybride@hotmail.com